When I cook I like to make recipes as simple as possible. With a rambunctious 2-year-old, a slobbery dog and an always hungry husband, I’m one busy momma. I don’t have time to cook gourmet meals that include a lot of steps. But I also want those meals to be healthy – two requirements that are not easy to find in one recipe – which is why I rely on convenient, yet healthy ingredients like frozen vegetables, boneless chicken breasts, agave and Minute Ready to Serve Rice.
Whole grains are an important part of a healthy diet and can help to reduce the risk of stroke, diabetes and heart attacks. So Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice is the perfect complement to many meals! Plus, the brown rice is MSG, gluten and preservative free!
Packaged in a single-serve container, Minute Ready to Serve Rice just takes 60 seconds in the microwave and comes out fluffy and perfectly cooked. Minute Ready to Serve Rice is an easy way to enjoy a healthy meal on the go. But you can also use it for recipes that require the wholesome ingredient. You can find Ready to Serve Rice in 10 different flavors, including white, whole grain brown rice, Italian, Spanish and Jasmin rice.
Today’s recipe, Skinny Sweet and Sour Chicken, uses low calorie, healthy ingredients to satisfy even the biggest Chinese food craving. Plus it’s easy. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup frozen sliced carrots
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsbp ketchup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- Minute Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces
- Spray pan with cooking spray
- Brown chicken over medium heat until cooked through
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside
- Place all vegetables in pan and cook until tender
- In a separate large pot, over medium high heat, add soy sauce, agave, pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, garlic and ginger
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp water and add to sauce
- Sauce will thicken quickly so stir constantly
- Remove from heat, add chicken, pineapple and vegetables to sauce
- Serve over rice
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is an ideal portable solution for lunch or breakfast because you can eat it on the go, straight from the cup. In just 60 seconds, you have fully cooked rice for any meal or snack. You’ll never get bored with your lunch since there are 10 flavorful and wholesome varieties. If you’re looking for a healthy option, Minute® Ready to Serve Rice provides easy portion control since it’s conveniently packaged in two individual single-serve cups.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ for recipes, including Minute® Ready to Serve Stir it Up recipe ideas and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.