Summer is on the horizon. Finally! I’m so ready to spend more time outside – if it would just. stop. raining. here. Nonetheless, there is nothing I love more than firing up the grill for a light and delicious dinner. This girl is not sweating over the stove or testing the central air’s power with a 350 degree oven.
Today, I tossed some chicken in a lovely pineapple cilantro marinade. If you love pineapple and grilled chicken, you’ll love this recipe! Incredibly easy and delicious!
In our house, we rarely have leftovers. However, if you happen to, this chicken is also really tasty tossed into a salad.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 20 oz can of pineapple chunks in juice (reserve juice)
- 1 green bell peppers, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cilantro
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine pineapple juice, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, cilantro, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Toss with chicken.
- Allow to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight if you can.
- Thread vegetables and chicken onto 4 (12-inch) skewer.
- Grill until center of the chicken is no longer pink.