This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipeTwist #CollectiveBias
If it were up to my husband and daughter, we’d eat lasagna three or four times a week. While I do enjoy a good lasagna now and again, I’m more of a once a week kind of woman (they’re a lot of work!).
To satisfy their hunger for cheesy pasta mixed with tomato sauce and other goodies, I’ve discovered a few recipes designed to put a different spin on the traditional Italian favorite. One of those recipes is the tasty lasagna roll-ups I’ll share with you today.
I picked up all the ingredients I need for my roll-ups during a recent trip to Walmart, where I also bought some Christmas wrapping paper. (Because Lord knows you can never have too much wrapping paper, am I right?)
One of the ingredients I grabbed is Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce. In my opinion, the sauce is the most important part of any lasagna. Sure, you can make your own sauce from scratch, but why go through all that trouble (and cost!) when a sauce like Prego tastes just as good, if not better!
I’ve been buying Prego sauces for many years, mainly because it’s the best-tasting Italian pasta sauce there is. It’s familiar, comforting, and homemade tasting. Plus, my family likes it every time, and that’s the most important thing. It’s also rooted in Italian American heritage, with the perfect balance of sweet and savory Italian flavor.
Feel free to check out the recipe below, but the first step in making this dish is placing your cheese in the cooked lasagna noodles and then rolling them up. Pretty simple!
After rolling them up, top your lasagna roll-ups with sauce and cheese and then pop it in the oven. Did I mention that this is simple? Because it really is!
Just NUMBER minutes in the oven, and you’re done! You can serve your roll-ups with garlic toast, but I like a nice, crusty buttered Italian bread to mop up all of that delicious sauce.
Check out the Walmart website for more information about Prego sauce and other Campbell’s holiday products.
- 10-12 lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente
- 1 Jar Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup freshly, finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional ingredients
- ½ pound ground sausage or beef
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all cheeses, egg, herbs and spices (and any optional ingredients you like)
- Lay cooled noodles flat on wax paper sprayed with a non-stick spray
- Take small spoons of cheese mixture and spread evenly on noodles
- Starting at one end, roll noodles
- Spread a layer of Prego sauce on bottom of pan and place roll-ups in a baking pan
- Top roll-ups with remaining Prego Sauce and sprinkle a few tablespoons of mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on top
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted