Awww…I’m blushing! I just received my first blogging award – the Liebster Award from the Mom of the Year. I’d like to thank the academy… Just kidding. Although I would like to thank Meredith for nominating me. I’m truly honored!
When I staked my claim to this little corner of the world wide web 6 months ago, I was just looking for a creative outlet. What I got was so much more. I’ve met some great people, people who I consider friends now, and learned that I truly knew nothing about blogging. Sure I have a degree in public relations and spent 10 years in the industry, but blogging is less about promoting yourself and more about building relationships and forging friendships. And that’s where the Liebster Award comes in – just a way to nod your hat at the people behind the screen who make you laugh, cry or just overall make your day a little more special.
The Mom of the Year is one of those people. Hysterical and informative, be sure to head over to say hi. While you’re there, check out her very “educational” entry in which she teaches you how to change a diaper (I knew she was a kindred spirit when she used reptiles to explain diaper changing), the one in which she “airs it out” and the one in which she gives Michael Phelps a run for his money. If you don’t laugh out loud, then you have no sense of humor – or at least not our sense of humor.
Designed to recognize the “little people” (we can’t all be Dooce or Scary Mommy), this award is given to relatively new bloggers or those with a smaller following. But don’t be fooled, some of us smaller blogs are really freaking awesome (see below for 5 more)!
And now for the rules, because what kind of world would this be without rules…what with people trying to go into stores shirtless or drinking before happy hour (this still crushes me by the way).
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. Check.
- You must link back to the blogger who presented the award to you. Check.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Check.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs you think deserve some recognition. Oh crap. I can only pick FIVE? This could take a while. You might wanna pour yourself a drink (or five) while you wait.
- Make sure you let the bloggers you nominated know they have a Liebster! Leave a comment on their blog, DM on twitter, Facebook post–however you normally get in contact with them! Check!