Is there anything more comforting than a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup on a cold day to warm you up? With juicy chicken, tender vegetables and creamy noodles in a warm broth, this chicken noodle soup recipe has become a favorite of ours. It is so easy, quick, healthy and cheap.
There are a couple ways to make this even quicker for the perfect week night meal. I bake the chicken in the oven with a little butter, salt and pepper at 350 for 20 minutes, then dice. But if you need something even faster, stop at your local grocery store on the way home and grab a rotisserie chicken. While the vegetables saute, you can shred the chicken and get a delicious dinner on the table in no time. This Vidalia Chop Wizard also makes my life so much easier!
See more quick and easy dinner recipes here.
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups cups egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat
- Saute onions and celery until tender
- Add chicken broth, vegetable broth, chicken, frozen carrots, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add noodles and simmer for 10 more minutes