I’m not a chef, not by any means. For this reason, I rely heavily on my slower cooker to turn a few ingredients into a tasty meal without setting off any smoke alarms. I simply throw the stuff in at lunch and let it do its thing. So simple.
There are three rules that recipes must follow in order for me to even attempt them. They have to be healthy, inexpensive and EASY. The easier a recipe is, the less chance we’ll be forced to order pizza that night. This Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Taco recipe fits the bill!
These Chicken Tacos will heat up your Valentine’s Day, but they’re also perfect for those cold winter nights. Great for kids and adults alike, you can cut up the tortilla and serve it taco salad style for the wee ones.
So easy. So delicious! The heat is balanced perfectly with the sweetness of the corn and the cool sour cream, while the crispy tortilla complements the juicy filling quite nicely!
Easily print the recipe below using the “print” button or use the “Pin it” button to save it for later!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning (use only ½ if you're not a fan of spicy food)
- 1 sweet onion (sliced)
- 1 14.5 oz can low-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup salsa (I use medium, but you can choose your heat level)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Tortillas (we use whole wheat, but you can use flour or corn too)
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker
- Cover with taco seasoning
- Add onion, diced tomatoes, salsa, corn and crushed red pepper
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours
- Shred chicken
- Bake tortillas on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 350
- Fill a tortilla with the the chicken mixture and top with sour cream and cheese