Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Bright and early, we’ll pack up the family and head over the river and through the woods (quite literally) to Grammy’s house for a feast. Since we’ll all be in a turkey coma, myself included, I’ve decided to list 10 things I’m thankful for today.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It’s a time to reflect on what you do have instead of what you don’t. A time before the hustle and bustle of Christmas to sit with your family and enjoy a good meal. A time to catch up. A time to breath.
So what am I thankful for this year? Here are 10.
- God. He is the beginning and the end. My first breath and my last.
- My daughter. You light up my life every day. Although you’re a diva, you’re smart, funny and beautiful. I can’t imagine life without you. Thank you for all the laughs, cuddles and kisses.
- My husband. I’m not sure where I’d be without you. Thank you for being strong when I was weak. And thank you for being an amazing husband and father.
- My parents. Even though I struggled against it growing up, thank you for instilling in me good values and morals. And thank you for the support I’ve received throughout the years.
- My grandparents. I couldn’t imagine two people I’d rather call Gram and Pap. You’re both so loving and I’m glad my daughter gets to have you as her greats.
- Stinky the dog. Although you’re old (and stinky), you’ve brought me so much joy in these past 11 years. You’ve been the center of a lot of laughter and for that I’m thankful.
- My friends. Although we don’t get to see each other as often as we’d like, I’m thankful to know we’re just a phone call away.
- Wine. For always being there when everyone else is driving me nuts.
- The roof over my head, the food in my body and the love surrounding me.
- Last but not least. You. When I started this blog, I never expected so many people to care what I had to say. But you’re here reading and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Or maybe that’s the wine. Nah. It’s you.
What are you thankful for?