Looking for an easy summer recipe – one that won’t heat up the house or expand your waistline? Every Monday I’ll be posting light summer recipes. Today’s recipe is Lemony Pesto Chicken Kebabs. Super light. Refreshing. Delicious.
Serve it up with some rice or a fresh summer salad.
- 2 tsp zest of lemon (be sure to only get the colored part of the rind – the white part can be bitter)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes (I use extra because we love them)
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
Combine zest, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Toss with chicken. Thread vegetables and chicken onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Throw on the grill until center of the chicken is no longer pink.
TIP: Vegetables getting done much quicker than the meat? Place them on separate skewers (see below). Then you can pull the vegetables off while the meat finishes cooking.
Have leftovers? Toss it in a salad for dinner the next night.