There isn’t any food I love more than Mexican food (except maybe pizza). I grew up on it, so it’s a huge comfort food for me. Apparently, though, my taco recipe is a lot different than most. I make tacos like my mom and my grandma – no spices. Just refried beans and hamburger. Fry the tortillas and top with all the fixings.
Since I’m trying to be healthier, I decided to make burritos with a twist – skip the hamburger, add black beans and roll the tortilla into a burrito shape to make them easier for the diva to eat. Next time I’m going to add some sweet corn, too.
This recipe is so simple and so delicious! My husband, a “must have meat now” guys-guy says he didn’t even miss the hamburger. Only 300 calories per burrito if you have one serving of each type of beans. Not bad!
- Tortillas (any kind)
- One can low-fat refried beans
- One can black beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- Sour Cream
- Top tortillas with one serving on refried and black beans
- Fold into a burrito shape
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (folded side down to keep the tortilla closed)
- Top with tomatoes, onion, salsa and sour cream