Chicken is such a versatile ingredient and it’s so healthy, which is why a lot of my recipes include it. This chicken in mustard sauce recipe in particular is so delicious, tangy and juicy.
I don’t usually make sauces for meats and vegetables because they’re often loaded with calories, but this one is relatively healthy. In fact, it’s a variation of a Weight Watchers recipe. Serve it along side broccoli and you’ve got one nutritious meal!
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, skinned and deboned
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Heat olive oil in pan
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add broth to pan and stir to deglaze particles stuck to pan.
- Combine flour with 1/4 cup milk, stiring until smooth. Add to skillet, then add remaining milk and mustard.
- Cook on medium heat and stir until blended.
- Pour sauce over chicken
Recipe adapted from food.com.